Tuesday 3 April 2012

Blog Introduction

My husband has always enjoyed hearing the stories I share with him when I return home from my work as a psychologist. He has often said to me that I should share these stories -not only for their merit in practical psychology- but because he says “these stories are interesting because they are real”.  Accordingly, at the heart of this weblog is an effort to tell some of those stories.

The rationale behind my blog is to explore how I use psychological theories & frameworks and put them into practice. It is not written in academic prose but in a plain, simple and accessible language (the way I would explain these stories to a parent, teacher or colleague). My aim for these stories is to think about how we can use psychological knowledge to help us support the children and families we work with on a daily basis.

One of the main purposes of this blog is as a tool for self reflection and as a way to record my own continuing professional development. I consider myself to be a life-long learner so would be interested to hear how other people are using psychology in their everyday practice.

DISCLAIMER: All names have been changed to protect confidentiality and assure anonymity. All the stories on this blog are well over 3-5 years old and intentionally masked so privacy is maintained.

No comments:

Post a Comment